Saturday, April 17, 2010

Beginning


I'm trying my hand at a new blog. Several friends are blogging, or have blogged for years. My previous blog on Livejournal, Redzenradish, is suffering from neglect, so I'm invigorating my digital muscles with this new site. The world's gone digital.

However, I aim to record here the little everyday wonders. The title of the blog comes from the title of a novel by W. Somerset Maugham. When the Times Literary Supplement reviewed his novel Of Human Bondage the reviewer said of the main character, "Like so many young men he was so busy yearning for the moon, that he never saw the sixpence at his feet."

We miss all kinds of sixpence, too busy being absorbed by other things. It's not good or bad. It just is.

I will record my sixpence here.

No comments:

Post a Comment